This site is more than just a location-based service - it hopes to create an accountable relationship between ourselves and the institutions that serve us
Shahed Amanullah, salatomatic.com founder
This policy covers how Halalfire Media LLC ("Halalfire Media," "we," "us," or "our") treats personal information that it collects and receives on its Internet properties. Information you share with us is used for our business purposes. Halalfire Media is not in the business of selling information about you. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Information we gather
- Halalfire Media collects personal information when you register with us, use our products or services or post content on one of our Internet properties.
- Halalfire Media may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or others.
- Halalfire Media may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- Halalfire Media Internet properties, Products, and Services use information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
Halalfire Media may occasionally obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our web sites. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting Halalfire Media's web sites from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
- Provide more relevant advertisements to you.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use Halalfire Media services or products that require you to "sign in", and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. Halalfire Media uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
Halalfire Media lets other entities that show advertisements or provide services on some of our web pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, and not this policy. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Halafire Media's cookies.
- Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Halalfire Media Sites, Products and Services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on Halalfire Media Sites, Products and Services.
- Ensure that visitors are not repeatedly offered the same advertisements and to customize advertising based on browser type and user profile information.
Information use, sharing and disclosure
- Halalfire Media does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Halalfire Media web sites, products and services with others except as described in this policy.
- When you provide personal information through using Halalfire Media you are however sharing your personal information with Halalfire Media and its affiliated entities. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
- We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, Halalfire Media may display targeted advertisements based on personally non-identifiable information (such as browser type and IP address) and/or personal selection (See the Section entitled "Third Party Advertising" below for more information on how your information is shared with advertisers).
- Halalfire Media may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the Halalfire Media products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- From time to time, Halalfire Media or a partner, may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on one of our Internet properties. You may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. Halalfire Media may transfer personal information to certain advertising partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
- Where you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with Halalfire Media, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted, however, in connection with any of our products and services (i.e., products or services that you license or use for a fee), we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to those products and services, such as service announcements, administrative messages, and newsletters that are considered part of your Halalfire Media account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- When you register for one of our Internet properties, Halalfire Media collects user-submitted account information (such as name, email address and age) to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service. Halalfire Media also collects user-submitted profile information, including additional contact information, location, biographical information and photos. This additional profile information will assist other users in finding and communicating with you.
- Halalfire Media will display your "Display Name" (either your username or real name, according to the preferences you set in your account) on our various Internet properties, where appropriate.
- To facilitate searching and finding friends and acquaintances on the Service, Halalfire Media allows users to search for other members using your "Display Name." Additionally, Halalfire Media will allow users to search for you by your first and last name and email address according to the preferences you set in your account.
- Email addresses and full names are used when a user invites a friend via email to join one of the Internet properties of Halalfire Media, when a user requests to add another user to their network, and when Halalfire Media sends notifications to a user related to their use of one of our Internet properties.
- When you post a message on one of Halalfire Media's Internet properties, you have the ability to post a message which may include personally identifiable information about yourself. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Halalfire Media may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate Halalfire Media Internet properties. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this policy and that limit others' use or disclosure of the information you have shared.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
Third party advertising
Halalfire Media does not share any personally identifiable information with advertisers. Halalfire Media may share general demographic information (such as aggregated statistics about member interests and occupations) and non-personally identifiable information (such as browser type and IP addresses) with advertisers and partners. Halalfire Media does not give advertisers access to your individual personal account information. However, by selecting, interacting with or viewing an ad, you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
From time to time, Halalfire Media or a partner may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on Halalfire Media. You may be asked to provide personal information, including name, email address or home address, or to answer questions in order to participate. Halalfire Media may transfer personal information to certain advertising partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
Halalfire Media may revise, modify or update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular Halalfire Media account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Confidentiality and security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems including, but not limited to, the following ways:
In certain areas, Halalfire Media uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
- We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your account information is password-protected.
If Halalfire Media learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Halalfire Media or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable web sites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
Changing your preferences and personal information
You can edit your account information with Halalfire Media at any time. Most personal information you may provide is entirely optional. You can delete your applicable account by contacting us; however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
Contacting Halalfire Media
If you have a privacy concern regarding Halalfire Media, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of those sites, products or services, you should contact us using this web form.
If you object to any sharing of your personal information that may be permitted under this policy, you may do so by contacting us as specified above. We will take reasonable steps to accommodate your requests as they relate to our advertising practices. In some instances, honoring your requests may interfere with or preclude your ability to use Halalfire Media or may require us to terminate our relationship with you.
Updated 20 March 2007